How to auto-activate "Edit" mode after new pdf is dragged/opened?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mattad
User

How to auto-activate "Edit" mode after new pdf is dragged/opened?

Post by mattad »

When I drag a pdf file from WinExplorer onto PDF Xchange editor then I want in 97% of the cases to edit it (later).
Therefore I always have to go to "Home" tab and click on "Edit".

This is uncomfortable and unhandy and unnecessary.

How can I tell PDF XChange editor to ALWAYS AUTOMATICALLY enable "Edit" mode for opened/dragged pdf documents?

If this is currently not possible: Can this feature be added to the next release?

Thank you
Matt
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: How to auto-activate "Edit" mode after new pdf is dragged/opened?

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Matt,

I am afraid that you cannot set the Edit tool to be your default tool. However, you can 'make' the Editor to remember your last used tool or use the currently selected tool for any newly opened documents. You can find these settings from File -> Preferences -> Tools.
image.png
You can also set a custom shortcut to your Edit tool and enable it immediately after you open a document by pressing the custom key combination. You can can find out how to view, edit and create keyboard shortcuts in the Editor from the following knowledge base article:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowledgebase/340

Regards,
Radi