Making the Link

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mnvinonator
User

Making the Link

Post by mnvinonator »

Making the Link. Much looks like ADOBE, and not suitable. Too much operations for making the internal reference to page.
Much wanted from text on page, create the reference to pages, one motion.
Where mortgaged already scale, position of the page.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Making the Link

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi mnvinonator,

Thanks for the post, but I'm afraid that I don't quite understand the issue. Can you please try to provide more detail?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
mnvinonator
User

Post by mnvinonator »

Please.
I am select;allocate number with number of the page. Copy this number, press to create the reference.
it is opened initial window of the references, I confirm.
Hereinafter in characteristic, I press "transition face page document"
The big window is Opened with adjustment, in which I insert copied number of the page of the transition, and expose;pit "on width of the sheet" and press "to use the current view" hereon changes the width, and me it is necessary once again her(its) install.
Whereupon I do the conservation "by default", but all occur in the same way that saved the deskside that no!!!
But me it is necessary to create beside 2000 references to pages!!!
(Пожалуйста.
Я выделяю число с номером страницы. Копирую это число,
нажимаю создать ссылку.
открывается начальное окно ссылок, я подтверждаю.
Далее в свойствах, я нажимаю "переход к странице документа"
Открывается большое окно с настройками, в котором я вставляю скопированный номер страницы перехода, и выставляю "по ширине листа" и нажимаю "использовать текущий вид" после этого изменяется ширина, и ме надо снова ее устанавливать.
После чего я делаю сохранение "по умолчанию", но все происходит так же, что сохранил конфигурацию, что нет!!!
А мне надо создать около 2000 ссылок на страницы!!!)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi mnvinonator,

Thanks for that, but I'm afraid that myself and my colleagues are still having difficulty understanding. Are you attempting to set default actions for links? Can you send a screen-shot of your settings?

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
lev
User

Post by lev »

The issue appears to be that for a link to Go to a Page in the Document, Zoom Level is being ignored by Make Current Properties Default and thus can't be applied to other links. Is this intentional?

Lev
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello

Unfortunately they "default style" options only apply to the visual style of the annotation, not the contents of it, essentially, any properties that are not shown in the Format tab, are not remembered by this function:
image.png
In the case of creating bookmarks or "go to a page in the document" link, the default is always to inherit the current zoom level.
You can change this by using the "browse for link target" dialog's checkboxes:
image.png
Choosing "Use zoom mode" will set the link to use your current zoom mode, as defined in the Editor on the View tab:
image.png
For new "destinations" specifically (not the same as links), there is a hidden setting to change the default for the zoom level, by making use of our JavaScript console (Ctrl+J). Here is the explanation I have received from the Development team on that matter:

Code: Select all

app.setOption("Misc.NewDestZoom", number);
where number has the following meaning:

a positive number from 1 to 6400 - zoom level in percents

-1 -- fit page
-2 -- fit width
-3 -- fit height
-7 -- current zoom mode/level
-8 -- inherit
-9 -- current zoom level

"inherit" (-8) and "current zoom mode/level" (-7) seems the same, but they are not.
When inherit is set, it means that zoom level/mode is not stored in the bookmark or "goto" action and when they hit, a zoom will not be changed.
On the other hand, when "current zoom mode/level" is used, the current zoom state will be stored in bookmark/goto action and may be applied when they are hit.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com