Drag-duplicate tab

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

soremo
User

Drag-duplicate tab

Post by soremo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:10 pm

In my opinion, one of the most valuable features of PDF-XChange Editor is the complete flexibility in arranging tabs and tab groups. In particular the ability of viewing two (or more) documents side-by-side is very important to my way of working - not only viewing two different documents, but especially viewing two instances of the same document. Therefore, I often duplicate a tab and then drag the duplicated tab so as to move it to a new or existing tab group.

However, duplicating the tab requires a few clicks - although not many, admittedly. But since I do this quite often, I would appreciate if this could be speeded up a little. My suggestion is that dragging a tab while pressing a modifier key (ctrl, alt, shift) will duplicate the tab on the fly (similarly to MS Word, where ctrl-dragging selected text drags a copy of the text instead of the original text). What do you think?

Best
soremo

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Drag-duplicate tab

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi Soremo,

I think that a quite reasonable request. To that end I have raised a formal Feature Request Ticket. While this is not a promise to deliver said feature, as it will ultimately be at the discretion of the Development Team Leader, it is a commitment to seriously looking into it.

While internal only, if you ask about RT#4850: Feature Request :: Editor :: Drag-duplicate tab in an email or forum post then any support staff member can get you a status update.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

soremo
User

Post by soremo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:28 am

Thanks for considering my suggestion.
Keep up the good work!

Best
soremo

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:27 pm

:)

soremo
User

Post by soremo » Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:00 am

Hi,

any news on RT#4850: Feature Request :: Editor :: Drag-duplicate tab? Are you still considering such feature?

Best,
soremo

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:52 pm

Hello Soremo,

Ticket RT#4850 has recently been assigned to a developer, and as such development on it should be in progress shortly if it is not already underway. Unfortunately I do not have any other news on that front.

Kind regards.
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623

soremo
User

Post by soremo » Tue Mar 31, 2020 7:45 am

Hi there,

can you give me a short status update on RT#4850?

Best,
soremo

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Tue Mar 31, 2020 5:42 pm

Hi, soremo

I am afraid that nothing new has happened in the case of this ticket, it is still in the same status as it was before, "in progress", and appears to be delayed due to other more critical functions. Hopefully we can see this soon, but I cannot make any promises.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623