Drag-duplicate tab

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

soremo
User

Drag-duplicate tab

Post by soremo » Tue Jul 16, 2019 2:10 pm

In my opinion, one of the most valuable features of PDF-XChange Editor is the complete flexibility in arranging tabs and tab groups. In particular the ability of viewing two (or more) documents side-by-side is very important to my way of working - not only viewing two different documents, but especially viewing two instances of the same document. Therefore, I often duplicate a tab and then drag the duplicated tab so as to move it to a new or existing tab group.

However, duplicating the tab requires a few clicks - although not many, admittedly. But since I do this quite often, I would appreciate if this could be speeded up a little. My suggestion is that dragging a tab while pressing a modifier key (ctrl, alt, shift) will duplicate the tab on the fly (similarly to MS Word, where ctrl-dragging selected text drags a copy of the text instead of the original text). What do you think?

Best
soremo

Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Drag-duplicate tab

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp » Tue Jul 16, 2019 4:13 pm

Hi Soremo,

I think that a quite reasonable request. To that end I have raised a formal Feature Request Ticket. While this is not a promise to deliver said feature, as it will ultimately be at the discretion of the Development Team Leader, it is a commitment to seriously looking into it.

While internal only, if you ask about RT#4850: Feature Request :: Editor :: Drag-duplicate tab in an email or forum post then any support staff member can get you a status update.

I hope that helps.

Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com

soremo
User

Re: Drag-duplicate tab

Post by soremo » Wed Jul 17, 2019 7:28 am

Thanks for considering my suggestion.
Keep up the good work!

Best