Link styling

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

labcottage
User

Link styling

Post by labcottage »

Hi,

I'm trying to hyperlink various pages in my pdf document which I understand I can complete with the 'Link' command.

Once I've created a link I want it to standout as a link, ie to be blue and underlined, but I'm not sure how I can achieve this in Editor, or if indeed it is possible?

Grateful for any help,

Many thanks,
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Link styling

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello labcottage,

The link objects inside a PDF file are not linked with the text directly as they are in e.g. a Word document.
So the link is a separate 'box' that hovers over other content on your page(s). So you will need to e.g. make the desired words blue and underlined yourself by using e.g. the "Edit Content" tool, to format the text itself, and then place the link using the link tool on top of it.

Regards,
Stefan
labcottage
User

Post by labcottage »

Thank you Stefan, that solved it, especially using the copy text style command which makes it much easier
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D
SKAHLE
User

Post by SKAHLE »

Why are my text links surrounded in a box? When I place text and make it a hyperlink, it has box around when viewing in Acrobat Reader. Why is this?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Skahle,

Assuming you have not accidentally applied a border style and width to your links in our software (within the properties pane [Ctrl+`] or the format tab), this is most likely either a bug caused by running an older version or our software, or a setting you have enabled in Adobe to show those borders on all links.

If you are not running the latest version of our software (build 334.0) please do update and try creating some new links to see how they appear for you.
Otherwise, check your settings in Adobe, as there is very like an option to "show borders on" or "highlight" links that was enabled.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com