Re-ordering sections of text

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: Tracker Support, TrackerSupp-Daniel, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Jbarry
User

Re-ordering sections of text

Post by Jbarry » Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:27 pm

As a not very experienced PDF user, I could use a little help. I need to be able to regularly re-arrange similar documents. To move one section of text and insert into another area of the document. How would you suggest I perform this maneuver? Much thanks in advance, Barry

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Re-ordering sections of text

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:19 pm

Hello Jbarry,

I would advise using Copy/Paste functionality to accomplish this. first select the passage of text you wish to copy with the Edit > text tool:
image.png
Then Use Ctrl+C to copy the content, and navigate to the new location you wish to paste it. Simply use Ctrl+V to paste this content on the new page.
Note that this method will not remove the old block of text. You could use cut (Ctrl+X) instead if copy, however if you accidentally copy something else before pasting this cut content, you would then need to undo the last few changes to recover the content to copy it again.
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623