Text disappears when faxing?!

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

RBFMBibi
User

Text disappears when faxing?!

Post by RBFMBibi »

When I fill out a form and save it, retrieve it, the text is all intact. When I fax it, or print it to PDF, it's gone.

I discovered this after a credentialing representative called and told me I was sending blank forms. I opened the file and it looked fine to me - but when I looked at the fax image - no text.
I think (HOPE) this just started happening this week. I fill out a ton of forms using PDX-Editor, and am in the middle of credentialing a new healthcare provider, so i really hope I haven't sent in a bunch of blank forms.
HELP!
I am rnning WIndows 10 and have version 7.0 build 325.1 (I'm just now downloading the latest)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Text disappears when faxing?!

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello RBFMBibi,

Most likely you have changed a setting in our Print dialog that would alter this, please open the Print dialog (Ctrl+P) and verify that you have selected either "Document and markups" or "Whole content" from the "Advanced print options" dropdown:
image.png
I also notice that you are running an older build of the software, we are now in version 8 build 331.0, might I ask you to try updating and see if that helps?

If after testing both of those, the print is still coming out like that, it could be that the form itself is set to be "visible but not printed" or some other security may be preventing this. In that case, please send us a copy of the PDF document itself for investigation. If the file contains sensitive information, you can instead email it to us via support@pdf-xchange.com.com with a link to this thread.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com