Version mess up when downgrading the version  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Peter2
User

Version mess up when downgrading the version

Post by Peter2 »

I know - when downgrading a version it should be uninstalled first and freshly installed. But nevertheless (or just for confirmation) - I had installed 7.324.3 and downgraded via simple "installation"to 7.324.2.

Now I have the mess - the exiting file has file-date and file-version 324.2 (valid for my licence), but when started it beliefs that it is 324.3 and locks the function with shopping cart symbol. Strange, but not unexpected.
Now I will uninstall and install.

Edit:
Now I uninstalled it and reinstalled - and get the messages. Can the version info not be downgraded?
Attachments
pdfxedit_version_mess.png
PDF-X-Change Pro German
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Version mess up when downgrading the version  SOLVED

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello Peter,

I've tried to install/re-install both version 324.2 and 324.3 and I didn't experience similar issue on my end. I think some remnant files from old installations might be messing with your Editor.

Please uninstall all versions of our products from your computer, clear any remaining files from C:\Program Files\Tracker Software and then re-install the version that is compatible with your license.

If you are not sure which installer to use, please contact us directly on support@pdf-xchange.com with your license key and we'll assist with the correct installation file. Please do not post your license key here.

Regards,
Radi
Peter2
User

Re: Version mess up when downgrading the version

Post by Peter2 »

Strange ..

the uninstall (I had 2 entries in UninstallView from Nirsoft) uninstalled already nothing. Finally after "uninstallation" I renamed the program folder and installed it new. A mass of files was different - some older, some newer. But now it is OK with version and licence.

Peter
PDF-X-Change Pro German
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Version mess up when downgrading the version

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Well, we are certainly glad to hear that the issue is sorted now. :)

If you had multiple entries, than it was almost certainly an issue with how the second installation was performed. Note that when rolling back it is always required to manually uninstall all prior versions, explicitly to avoid issues like this caused by some files not being overwritten properly.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com