How to add separators to Quick Access toolbar?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Impress
User

How to add separators to Quick Access toolbar?

Post by Impress »

How do you add separators to the Quick Access toolbar?

I've tried ctrl+dragging on an existing separator, and the cursor changes to include a plus sign, but the separator doesn't get copied as expected. (And, even if that is fixed, what happens when you remove all separators?)

Thanks so much!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to add separators to Quick Access toolbar?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Impress,

Can you send us a video of the issue so that we can see it. I was unable to reproduce this here myself. It could also be that you are running an older build of the software, Can you please ensure that you are in build 331 via help > about?

Regarding your latter question. If no separators are present on a menu bar, you can add then by right clicking on any item while customize UI is open:
image.png
image.png (32.94 KiB) Viewed 1864 times
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Impress
User

Post by Impress »

Thanks for your great support, Daniel.

1. I verified that I am using the latest version.

2. I tried using the right-click menu to add a new separator, and it works perfectly. Thank you.

3. I tried creating a video for you using GifCam to illustrate the issue, but PDF-XChange Editor detects the GifCam overlay, and deletes any toolbar items moved while GifCam is recording (likely because PDF-XChange Editor thinks I'm trying to move the toolbar items to the GifCam window). If you know of any other good portable and free screen recorders, let me know, and I'll give them a try to make a recording for you.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Impress,

I am glad to hear that those suggestions work well for you, and going back, it seems I am now able to reproduce the issue here as well. We wont be needing a video anymore, but thank you for trying.

I have reported this to the development team, and they are looking into it currently.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com