New document layout - after deleting unnecessary parts

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

siSINka
User

New document layout - after deleting unnecessary parts

Post by siSINka »

I'm still a beginner in PDF-XCahnge Editor…

I have a pdf file (source.pdf). I removed some unnecessary parts (for example paragraphs), leaving a blank space there (final.pdf)

How can I remove empty spaces as easily as possible to make the document contiguous? This is only simply example, source pdf document is much larger. Manually moving blocks of text - that's probably not a good solution

Source.pdf and final.pdf attached.

Thanks for help!
Attachments
files.7z
(64.51 KiB) Downloaded 73 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: New document layout - after deleting unnecessary parts

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello siSINka,

Unfortunately there is no way to concatenate multiple paragraphs of text across multiple pages in the PDF format, meaning that automating this may be impossible. In your example file, the closest option I can offer is to use the "Crop" functions to remove white space from the borders of the pages. This would not change the structure of the document, nor would it accomplish anything useful on page 2 of your sample, wherein the blank space is between the paragraphs.

I believe that the best way to do this, is by converting the document out of the PDF format, so to Word as an example, then making the desired Edits there in a situation where the text is treated as a single continuous entity. Once this has been condensed, you can convert back to PDf using our Word Addin.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
siSINka
User

Post by siSINka »

I know, "Crop" (white space) is a good solution for continuously reading pdf document on PC monitor. But this isn't usable for printing. I will try to export my final.pdf to *docx and edit document there..
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello siSINka,

Indeed it certainly is not idea for printing, I do hope that the Convert to Word method works for you!

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com