Changing default font size for text boxes

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

roy Østensen
User

Changing default font size for text boxes

Post by roy Østensen »

I have the latest version of PDF-Xchange Editor, and I find the default font size when I enter text in a text box is way too large. Now it is 12 pt, and 8 pt is much more useful.

I cannot see that there is anywhere this can be edited, and so now I have to change it for each text box I add, which is impractical.

If it is not possible to change it as things are now, I would very much appreciate if the developers could change this and include this in the preferences of the program.

Roy
lev
User

Re: Changing default font size for text boxes

Post by lev »

• Highlight the text inside the Text Box and change its format to your liking.
  • Right-click on the highlighted text , go down to Text Style and click on Make Current Text Format Default.
Attachments
image.png
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks again Lev :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
VegVixen
User

Post by VegVixen »

Hi,

Is changing the default font size a paid feature only? I am currently using the evaluation version just to try before I buy, and I noticed that the font size is defaulted to 18.8 and for the life of me I cannot change it anywhere. I've even gone to the quick launch bar and typed in "default font size" to change it there, but still everything is greyed out. I'm currently re-creating all of my .PDF forms imported from Excel (there's about 30 of them so far), and for the most part I have been successful but the default font is just way too big for the fields.

I have gone through this entire thread and nothing seems to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks so much in advance.

VV
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello VegVixen

Changing the Default font size of the tool itself would not be a premium feature, as it is not affecting the document to begin with, however modifying any base content does require a license, whether that is editing the text, or modifying the font, it is all seen as base content editing, and does require at least a base PDF-Xchange Editor license.

Note that all premium features are fully usable in the free version, and will only apply Demo stamps when used. You can find the Font fucntions in the Format tab, which appears when you have a tool or piece of content selected that has formatting options available:
image.png
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
VegVixen
User

Post by VegVixen »

Thanks for your reply!

Unfortunately, the area to change the font size located within the 'Format' tab is greyed out. I've tried this with numerous documents but it will not allow me to change the font size. Am I missing a step somewhere?

Also, is the default size within the text box relative to how large you make the box initially?

For what it's worth, I am using the PDFXEditor 8 Portable version.

Thanks in advance!

VV
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello VV,

If any format tab options are greyed out, than either the type of content selected cannot be used with those options, or there is document security in place preventing these kinds of changes. If you can send a copy of the PDF document, we can take a look and see what the cause might be.

The size of the text box is dependant on the type of annotation being used. the "text box" annotation and Base content text (the edit text tools)will restrain itself the its original width, and make use of word wrapping downwards, unless manually resized. The Typewriter and other similar comments will retain the size that was dragged out during placement unless the content goes longer than that, in which case the typewrite box will extend both outwards width wise, and downwards if you input and return characters.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
VegVixen
User

Post by VegVixen »

Hi again,

It looks like I was correct in my assumption that the font size in the text boxes does fluctuate depending on the size I make the text box when creating my forms. This is sufficient for me to go ahead with the purchase of the full version. :)

Thank you for your assistance.

VV
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com