Setting Links Using Split View

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mibrown7
User

Setting Links Using Split View

Post by mibrown7 »

Never mind, the feature works as requested...it appears I had my sequence of operations wrong...it is necessary to select the target (in either window) before selecting "Set Link" in the dialog box. For some reason I was thinking it would be the place you select right after clicking.

I am working with a document that has figure citations in the text, but associated figures in a section at the end. I am establishing hyperlinks within the document from each citation to the associated figure. I use Split View to view the text and the figures simultaneously (side by side). In the left window, I select the citation, right-click, and select "Add Link..." dialog, I then select the target location in the right window. A link is set, but it targets the originally selected (left) view in the text, not the location I selected in the right window.

Can the "Add link..." dialog be "fixed" to allow target selection in a split view? This would be far easier than having to scroll to the target location in the primary window to set each link.

-MCB
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Setting Links Using Split View

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi MCB,

glad that you got this sorted! :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com