Bottom bar disappeared

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mike4037
User

Bottom bar disappeared

Post by mike4037 »

Version 7.0. Build 324.2. Windows 7/64.

The toolbar at the bottom of the main window has vanished. This had among other things a magnification control (zoom toolbar). As a work-around, I dragged the zoom toolbar from the ribbon to the bottom of the window. It looked like it was going to work, but then it disappeared. Now I can find no way to change magnification.

In going through the program's menus, I can't find anything that helps under either "View" or "File > Preferences". Fortuitously, I right-clicked on the existing ribbon area, and the checklist of toolbars appeared. However, "Page Zoom" is already checked, though it's not anywhere to be seen.

Please help!

Mike
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Bottom bar disappeared

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Mike,

Can we have a screenshot of the whole Editor window as seen at your end?

When you right click on some empty space in the ribbon area - do you have the "Document Toolbars" turned on?
toolbars.png
Regards,
Stefan
Giraffe
User

Post by Giraffe »

Is there anything in this topic that might be useful?
viewtopic.php?t=30149

Mine's been OK since then and I'm still using Ccleaner.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Giraffe,

Thanks for the link!
Mike - please do have a look at that one as well - as it can indeed turn out useful in your case too!

Regards,
Stefan
mike4037
User

Post by mike4037 »

I followed the directions from Giraffe's case to run a portable version, and the bottom toolbars (navigation and zoom) appear in that case. That's what I'm trying to achieve.

So I am ready to blame an incompatibility with the registry cleaner of CCleaner. I have been using it forever, and never before has it caused a problem with your (or any other) product.

Now my questions are, what do I forfeit (if anything) by using a portable version? and Is there a remedy I can apply, so I don't need to do that? Applying the file "FixEmptyBottomCmdPane.reg" did not fix the issue.

Thanks both to Tracker and to Giraffe!
Mike
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello mike4037,

The problem with the registry cleaners is always their automatic work.

However, in every which of them, there is an option to exclude folders, applications or part of the registry.

I advise you to set up your CCleaner in a way to ignore the changes made by the Tracker Software products as well to exclude their folders from scanning.

Furthermore, it is always a good idea to make a clean installation of the software with which you have issues with CCleaner turned off.

The clean installation is made by the following procedure:

1) Uninstall all products of ours that you have installed. Restart the computer.
**Note: restarting the computer at all prompted points is a very large part of making this work, so please be sure to do them
**Note: Also be sure to disable any and all anti virus programs that you have running and make sure that you are logged in as the Administrator.

2) Open up File Explorer and navigate to C:\Program Files and delete the PDF-XChange and/or Tracker Software folder.
image.png
3) Now, go to the Windows search bar and type in " regedit ", then right click and hit "Run as Administrator" - the following will show up:
regedit.jpg
image.png
4) Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software and delete the Tracker Software / PDF-XChange folder
image.png
5) Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE and delete Tracker Software / PDF-XChange folder.
image.png

6) Re-install all the products you have installed before with this link:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

7) Now complete the install and restart Windows.

CCleaner should also have an option to create a restore point before begin to scan the changes made in the system so I advise you to make one before you enable its real time protection again and after the installation of the software is finished.

Also, please take a look at this article:

https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... rs-missing

Regards.
mike4037
User

Post by mike4037 »

Hello Dimitar,

Thank you for your detailed answer. I removed and reinstalled, and the bottom toolbars have come back.

Am I correct that the only danger with CCleaner (used in manual mode) is the registry cleaner? That if I avoid that, I will avoid any further problems with your products?

I have excluded the "program files\tracker software" and corresponding "...\appdata\roaming\tracker software" directories from CCleaner scans.

Regards,
Mike
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Mike,

Yes, the registry is an important part when comes to the configuration of our products.

Keeping intact the registry entries of our products should eliminate any future problems.

Regards.