Signatures and intials security  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ewatier2
User

Signatures and intials security

Post by ewatier2 »

Hi,

i'm using the "Protect -> Signature and initials" feature in PDF Xchange Editor and I'm not to sure how to secure the signature.

Once I validate the signature and save the document. If I reopen the document I can delete the signature or move it around the document. Is there a way to easily protect it as for a digital signature ?

Thanks,
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Signatures and intials security

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello ewatire2,

Which function are you using for signing? The "Sign Document" function or the "Signatures and initials" function?
image.png
If the Sign document function is being used, it should not be possible to move the signature, and during placement you can choose which types of security can be placed.
If you are using the Signatures and Initials function however, these are effectively stamps, and do not apply any security when placed. I would advise applying password security to the document in that case. You can do this from the document properties (Ctrl+D) under the security category.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
ewatier2
User

Post by ewatier2 »

Thank you.

Indeed, I'm using the "signature and initials" function. I'm trying to figure out how to have a "handwritten style" signature with security

without having to add a password to the document. I tried editing the digital signature to refer to a "handwritten signature file" but I

haven't quite figured out how to edit the size of the signature. Do you know how to work this out?
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello ewatier2,

If placing a digital signature not in a pre-existing signature field - you should be able to drag with the mouse to make it the size you want it to be.

Also - have you seen this KB article on how to create your hand written signature with transparency, and then use it for digital signing?
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... ent-stamps

Regards,
Stefan
ewatier2
User

Post by ewatier2 »

Hi,

Unfortunately, I am not able to drag with the mouse to make the digital signature the size I want it to be. I'm trying this in a blank document and I am not able to change the size.

In regards to your second comment:

"Also - have you seen this KB article on how to create your hand written signature with transparency, and then use it for digital signing?"

I really like this feature but as your colleague Daniel mentionned in a previous post the "Signature and initial" function is a stamp and the security is not quite what we're looking for. Unless there's something I'm missing out?

Thanks,
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello ewatier2,

Can I ask what build of the editor you are currently running? you can check this under help > about.

In the current latest version, it is most definitely possible, as Stefan mentioned, to click and drag when initially placing the signature field, so long as you are using the "sign documents" function I mentioned before, and no other empty signature fields exist in the document already.
Regards his second comment, I do believe that he had missed that part of my post, so allow me to apologize in his place for that.

the only other way that this could be done is by creating an image from the stamp you had used earlier, there are a number of services which can do this online, but if you wish to use your existing signature, you would simply need to palce it in a document, then crop that document down and use the function on the convert tab, so export it into a JPG or PNG format.

With that file, you can use the Manage button in the signature dialog:
image.png
in here, select the template you wish to edit and click Edit:
image.png
Following that, choose Custom icon and select the image you just created:
image.png
I hope this helps!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
ewatier2
User

Post by ewatier2 »

Hi,

I'm using Version 7.0 (build 328.2).

Is it the right version to be able to format the digital signature?
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello ewatier2,

Our latest version is 8 but in 7.0.328.2 you can set custom icon too.

Regards.
ewatier2
User

Post by ewatier2 »

Hi,

Indeed I can add a custom signature but I am not able to resize the image afterwards. Is that only possible with version 8 ?

Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Signatures and intials security  SOLVED

Hello again,

Unfortunately it is not possible to adjust the size of the image afterwards, the only way to alter the size of the image present in a signature is upon placement (using the click and drag method mentioned before), and even this can only be done if there is not already a signature field present. In cases where a signature field is present the entire content of the signature will be fit into the size of the signature field that is present.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
ewatier2
User

Post by ewatier2 »

Thank you for your responses. Not sure it will respond to our need but will look into it.

Have a good one.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:D
Martinxx
User

Post by Martinxx »

Hi!

I understand that it is not possible to change the size of the logo.
Is it possibel to change the font size or the font type?

Thanks!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Martinxx

Currently it is still not possible, however we do have a feature request on this matter now, and I have added your support to the ticket.
RT#4093: Only one font/font size is available when Digital Signature fields are created.

The ticket is aimed to increase font related options in all signature functions. While you cannot look this up yourself, you can ask any member of our support team for an update in the future.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com