Renaming a PDF file while viewing it

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Renaming a PDF file while viewing it

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, Impress

Thank you for the feedback, I have just gone to checkup on ticket #5191, and confirmed that everyone who has expressed interest is listed as a "requestor" for the ticket. This should help to increase the priority in the future, but at the moment there is still no new progress to share on this topic.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Impress
User

Post by Impress »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:40 pm Hi, Impress

Thank you for the feedback, I have just gone to checkup on ticket #5191, and confirmed that everyone who has expressed interest is listed as a "requestor" for the ticket. This should help to increase the priority in the future, but at the moment there is still no new progress to share on this topic.

Kind regards,
Thank you Daniel.

As you can see, I'm finally catching up on some of my reading/responding. I guess it's a tiny silver lining during this devastating pandemic.

Thank you again for all your great support. Please keep us posted on progress, if you can.

BTW, if anyone is looking for a PDF-XChange Editor tip: When you have a half hour of free time, try opening a copy of any PDF file and play around with all the amazing functionality. I normally use PDF-XChange products when I don't have a lot of time for experimentation, and so I only learned what I needed to perform basic tasks. Spending a half hour exploring additional functionality really was worth it for me. At the least, I've become a better Tracker Software volunteer salesperson. :D
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Impress

Still nothing new to report, most of our dev team has been very busy these last few months getting things in order for the v9 release, which is now available, and so some newer requests have been put on the backburner. Once everything calms down for our post launch reports (as you no doubt noticed, the forums has been particularly active this past week), there will be meetings to discuss priorities going forward.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Impress
User

Post by Impress »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 8:13 pm Hi, Impress

Still nothing new to report, most of our dev team has been very busy these last few months getting things in order for the v9 release, which is now available, and so some newer requests have been put on the backburner. Once everything calms down for our post launch reports (as you no doubt noticed, the forums has been particularly active this past week), there will be meetings to discuss priorities going forward.

Kind regards,
Thank you Daniel. I hope they can squeeze it in to their schedules now that things have calmed down a bit after the launch.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hi, Impress

It is still an open item, but from what I can tell it will not be in the next release, I will ask the team to take another look at this and hopefully it can be in one of the subsequent releases.

Kind regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

cornelia thurn wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 7:41 am Hi Daniel

Well, I tried it out and this is raelly the problem: if the document is on my desktop it works, if it's on my NAS it doesn't work. So it means, I can't use this feature, because my documents are on a NAS ?! :shock:
Hope you have a better answer .. :)

Cornelia

Hello Cornelia,

I've lowered the permission check - now we won't try to check folder rights, only whether the file exists and whether it's not read-only. The command won't be disabled in such cases and the real check will be done when the real rename process starts. If the access is somehow forbidden and the renaming process fails - the Editor will show an error message box.
This fix will be available from the next 353 release.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
Sasha - Tracker Dev Team
User

Post by Sasha - Tracker Dev Team »

Hello guys,

Also, the RT#5191: FR: Keep file's time stamp when renaming it through the Editor. is also now implemented and if all goes well this will also be available in the 353 release.

Cheers,
Alex
Subscribe at:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-TwAMNi1haxJ1FX3LvB4CQ
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Another awesome feature!

Thanks to the Tracker team for the great work!

:)
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Paul - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Paul - Tracker Supp »

:)
Best regards

Paul O'Rorke
Tracker Support North America
http://www.tracker-software.com