Prevent redaction box from moving

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

jlbracewell
User

Prevent redaction box from moving

Post by jlbracewell »

Ok, google has failed me. In the editor, when redacting a document. All is fine, however, once the redaction is applied and the file is saved you can open the file and select edit content and move the redaction box. The redacted info is not visible but the box is movable. How would I prevent that box from being movable? This is causing filed docs to be rejected on a clerks of courts website.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Prevent redaction box from moving

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jlbracewell,

Did you use the "Apply Redaction" command?
If you have - all the content under the area you had marked for redaction should be gone - including text and images, and as such the file should be accepted as safe.
As for the redaction objects themselves - yes - technically they can be moved later, but that should not be a reason to fail e.g. a security check.

The full redaction process is explained here:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -Redaction

Regards,
Stefan
jlbracewell
User

Post by jlbracewell »

Yes, the redaction's are applied and even if the boxes are moved the info is not visible. How ever they are kicking the docs back stating the box must not be movable before filing
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello jlbracewell,

When the redactions are applied - the redaction box itself is made a base content object - but the file itself is not e.g. secured, so further edits to this file (and redaction box) are possible! That's a rather strange requirement that you make the box unmovable, but I presume if it is there - you have to comply!
The only way I can think of this happening is to either remove the redaction object completely (and leave an empty space on the page), or make the page an image (which will degrade quality significantly in most cases), and send a new copy of the file with just image instead of the previous content visible on this page.

Regards,
Stefan
jlbracewell
User

Post by jlbracewell »

Thanks. I will try some of the work around's. Worst case is, I print and scan back in with the boxes that then would not be movable.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

:)
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com