expand collapse bookmarks

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

kumar
User

expand collapse bookmarks

Post by kumar » Fri Mar 08, 2019 5:21 am

I think the following features are missing but, they are useful when working with documents that have many layers of bookmarks. Can you include them in upcoming release. It is very difficult to expand/collapse bookmarks when there are few (let alone many) sub-layers of bookmarks inside bookmarks.
1. PDF-XChange Editor lacks functionality to expand/collapse selected bookmark and expand/collapse all in selected bookmark

2. Keyboard shortcuts to do the functions mentioned in 1 above along with keyboard shortcuts to expand/collapse all bookmarks

3. Do you have list of keyboard shortcuts for functions in PDF-Xchange Editor?

Do you know when the next release V8 will be released?

Thanks!

Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: expand collapse bookmarks

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 1:22 pm

Hello Kumar,

Thanks for your e-mail and enquiry!
We currently have "Expand All" bookmarks which would allow you to expand the full list, and also - while you navigate with the arrows in the bookmarks pane - up/down goes through the list, and left right expands and collapses the current level.
I will check with our devs if 'expand current level and all sub-levels' type of expansion button can be considered, but can not make any promises on whether or not it will be approved for implementation.

You can assign custom shortcuts to Expand All Bookmarks and most other commands available in the Editor:
How do I Customize toolbars in the Editor

As for a list of the default sortcuts - you can take a look here:
Keyboard Shortcuts

Regards,
Stefan