Has marquee zoom been removed from v.7 ?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Clairvaux
User

Has marquee zoom been removed from v.7 ?

Post by Clairvaux »

I can't find it anymore. In v.6, you could select an area of your document, and the zoom would automatically adjust to fit it. It was extremely fast and very convenient.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Has marquee zoom been removed from v.7 ?  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Clairvaux,

The functions your are looking for are now located on the View tab:
image.png
The uppermost tool, "Zoom in/Zoom out tool" is the one you have described, with the two below it being the "Loupe" and "Pan and zoom" tools.
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Clairvaux
User

Re: Has marquee zoom been removed from v.7 ?

Post by Clairvaux »

Thank you ! I had been browsing the help in between, and managed to make it work. You need to tick the Zoom In / Zoom Out option in the drop-down menu before selecting the area, otherwise it won't not work.

I also tried to tinker with the View / Zoom / Zoom to Selection command, which does the same thing. However, it's in the third level of the menu, plus you need to make the selection with the Select Text tool before using the menu, so it's not really convenient.

Then I tried to bring the Zoom to Selection icon into the toolbar menu, and it worked too. However, I haven't really understood the difference with Zoom In / Zoom Out, and the workflow of the latter seems more foolproof, better designed.

Zoom In / Zoom Out really seems to be the former Marquee Zoom, combined with Zoom In (click on the mouse) and Zoom Out (press Ctrl, click mouse).

And of course there's Ctrl + mouse wheel, forward or backward, to zoom in or out.

Many, many options. I still don't understand what Zoom to Selection does differently or better, though.

Edit : "former" replaced with "latter".
Last edited by Clairvaux on Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Has marquee zoom been removed from v.7 ?

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

:)