Balooning technical drawings - Automatic numbering stamp

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

turkay.koc@gmail.com
User

Balooning technical drawings - Automatic numbering stamp

Post by turkay.koc@gmail.com »

Dear team, first off all thank you very much for such a good PDF Viewer with a lot of marking possibilities.
If you can add a dynamic red circle stamp with a number in it, which is increasing all the time when stamped, that would be perfect for all engineers over the world balooning the technical drawings. This would be a very BIG PLUS for your PDF viewer.
At least you can give the possibility to make text comment in round cirles instead of rectangle.
Thank you.
lev
User

Re: Balooning technical drawings - Automatic numbering stamp

Post by lev »

Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Cheers Lev! :D
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
turkay.koc@gmail.com
User

Thank you for your quick feed back but unfortunatelly I have spent a few hours and do still not have any solution. Your explanations are too complicated and a standard computer user can not benefit from here.
How about to add a feature in your PDF Editor, to group a text box and a circle symbol, which we can easily copy and edit the number inside manually?
Thank you in advance.
Greetings from Izmir...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello turkay.koc,

There should be a working sample in that other topic. Please just copy that in your stamps folder and give it a try!
That's all that you need to do from your side to grab the stamp that was shared by Lev.

Then if you need to make changes to it - then us providing a tool will most likely be limited - and in this case - getting yourself acquainted a bit with JS, and the way that particular sample from the other topic is built, should allow you to make modifications to it, and create different variants giving you the full flexibility those dynamic stamps offer.

Regards,
Stefan
turkay.koc@gmail.com
User

I have tried to include the stamp from the file in other post/topic, it doesn't work.
It is not as simple as you write in your post.
If I open the original file DynamicCircle.pdf, I can edit the circle but cannot reproduce it. If I add the stamp to my PDF file, I can stamp as much as I wish but I cannot edit any one of them. So it do not work as I need and wrote in my first post.
Thank you for your efforts.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello turkay.koc@gmail.com,

You need to place the file with the stamp in
%AppData%\Tracker Software\PDFXEditor\3.0\Stamps
And then restart the Editor.
After that you will be able to use this as a new stamp from your stamps palette.

If you need to make changes to the stamps design - you can do that inside the file, but then need to save these changes, restart the editor and start using the new stamp.

If you want to have a stamp that you can further edit after you have placed it on the page - then I am afraid that this is not technically possible - the stamps becomes 'static' once it is placed - it is dynamic only up to the point when you insert it on the page.

Regards,
Stefan
turkay.koc@gmail.com
User

Dear Stefan,
thank you for your valuable feed-back. I did not know that I had to put the file DynamicCircle into the stamps folder. Now it works but;
1) As you can see in the attached file, the size of the stamp is too big. It would be very nice if I can adjust the stamp size to the drawing permenantly.
2) I could not change the text size as you can see in the second attachement, it should be possible to change the text and circle size to change the stamp as you describe in your post.
3) Is this possible, to keep in stamp mode, when we double click it. Because when you start to put baloons with numbers in it, you stamp several times. It should not be required every time to click first the stamp symbol. Example is at MS-Word the brush symbol to copy the format of marked text. Once you double click the brush symbol, you can apply it at every click permenantly until you push ESC.
Attachments
Text size cannot be changed
Text size cannot be changed
Baloon size is too big, could be the size adjustable permenantly
Baloon size is too big, could be the size adjustable permenantly
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Could you please send us a copy of the Stamp file?

Please put it in an archive before sending it.

If you do not want the stamp file to available in the public, please send it to support@pdf-xchange.com

Regards.
turkay.koc@gmail.com
User

Hi,
I had downloaded both stamps from your forum, so I can share them as attached.

I have to add one more issue regarding the counters-stamp. It looks like there is no posibblity to reset the counter in a file, so I cannot use it also in this form, because if I detect a failure with the numbering, I have to delete last few baloons and stamp new baloons starting with a specific number.
So the best solution for me is the DynamicCircle-Stamp, because here I can give any number I need. The only big problem is I cannot change the size of the stamp since most of the time the pre-adjusted size is too big to boloon technical drawings. And again it would be perfect if I do not need every time to click the stamp-symbol. Thank you very much for your efforts and listening to the customers.
Best regards.
Attachments
Baloon Stamps.zip
(5.23 KiB) Downloaded 76 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

You can edit the text size from the Form menu:

image.png

When the Stamp is placed in a document you should be able to resize it:

image.png

As for the Stamp mode, for the moment this is not possible.

I will send your request to our developers to consider it for implementation if this is possible.

Regards.
lev
User

Post by lev »

3) Is this possible, to keep in stamp mode, when we double click it. Because when you start to put baloons with numbers in it, you stamp several times. It should not be required every time to click first the stamp symbol. Example is at MS-Word the brush symbol to copy the format of marked text. Once you double click the brush symbol, you can apply it at every click permenantly until you push ESC.
There is a command Keep Selected that will allow you to apply a stamp multiple times. Once you pick your stamp, go to the Format tab and look a push pin icon.
turkay.koc@gmail.com
User

Thank you, Keep Selected works fine.
I am looking forward for the new feature with resizeable circle-stamp.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

:)