Save as PDF/A conversion report GUI

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

DIV
User

Save as PDF/A conversion report GUI

Post by DIV »

In Editor 7.0 after Save as PDF/A the conversion report GUI sometimes (erratically, inconsistently) comes up underneath the "Saving document" progress-bar indicator.
This leads to confusion when the process of saving is completed, because the task is finished, but the uppermost dialogue box offers only the "Cancel" button. Users need to realise that they should switch focus to the "Conversion Report" dialogue box underneath and click the "OK" button there, at which point the progress-bar display automatically disappears too.

Desired behaviour: the application should hide/close the progress bar when the task is complete, prior to displaying the Conversion Report. Displaying the Conversion Report is not part of the saving task.

—DIV
Attachments
20190224_PDF-XChangeEditor7_SaveAsPDFA_GUI.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Save as PDF/A conversion report GUI

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello DIV,

Thank you for reporting this. While I myself cannot seem to reproduce it, my colleague Will has, and thus we have reported it to the Dev team. Since we may have difficulty consistently reproducing it, a fix may take a bit longer, but we are certainly working on it!

All the best,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
DIV
User

Post by DIV »

No worries, Daniel.

As I figured out what to do, it won't bother me too much in future, but it would be more confusing to new users.

I agree that erratic bugs are harder to fix. There might be some pattern to when this one happens, but I couldn't tell. Glad at least one of you was able to reproduce it.

—DIV
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Seems to be reproducible when asking to overwrite an existing file.
Attachments
Lucida_Sans_Test2 a - PDF-XChange Editor.png
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi all,

Currently waiting to hear back from the Dev. Team. Will post back as soon as I know more.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com