Program will not run except when freshly installed

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

nigeldibben
User

Program will not run except when freshly installed

Post by nigeldibben »

I have installed PDF-XChange Editor today and successfully used the program. Howver, after shutting it down, it will not re-open. I have tried rebooting and this made no difference. When I uninstalled and then reinstalled the program, it ran after installation but again will not run again after I have closed it. The screen blinks once as if it is about to load but then nothing happens. I do not want to have to uni :x nstall the program every time I use it. (System is Windows 10 on a 64-byte PC)
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Program will not run except when freshly installed

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello nigeldibben,

This sounds like a permissions issue with our Editor Temp files. Please ensure that all instances of our software is closed and then open the Windows File explorer.
In the search bar, type %tmp% and navigate through the folder until you find a folder named PDFXEdit. Delete this folder and then relaunch the Editor.

Let me know if this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
nigeldibben
User

Post by nigeldibben »

I found a folder PDFXEditor/ containing 3.0/ and in that History.dat. I deleted the PDFXEditor folder. It has re-created the folder but now it is working fine. Thanks for the help.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Glad to hear all is now good!

Cheers,
Stefan