Changing the font color for a whole document  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ed.w
User

Changing the font color for a whole document

Post by ed.w »

I have a PDF in which I'd like to change the font color of all text. Included in the document are a couple of images. I Select All but then can find no obvious way to change the text color. Nothing in the right-click menu. Nothing in the Text Properties window. Nothing obvious in the menus. How do I do this? Thank you.

p.s. I'm pretty damn annoyed by the issue reporting process. The REPORT button in the application did not work - after typing everything in it tried to send an email and failed, saying something like "you have no email program configured". Then I have to find this forum and log in and repeat myself just to report an issue. Ugh. Please make it easier to get support!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Changing the font color for a whole document  SOLVED

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Ed,

Yes - to be able to use the "report a problem" feature you do need to have default MAPI set up on the machine.
As for your actual problem - please click on the "Edit" tool, and while that is active - right click anywhere in your document. From the context menu that will appear - choose "Select -> Text" - and then in the Format tab you will be able to change the font or e.g. Color of all your text.

Please note that PDF files are different from word documents, so changing the font will result in text probably changing it's appearance - but on each page separately. There won't be e.g. text re-flow from one page to another.

Changing the colour is 'safe' as there's no change in the size of the text - and as such should not move your text around.

Regards,
Stefan