Page 1 of 1

Editor toolbar

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 5:46 pm
by kumar
Hello,
Please let me know the following.
1. I customized toolbar on top and the bar at bottom (that has page number) in PDF-XChange Editor, how can I export the toolbars so I can restore them in future?
2. Is there a portable version of PDF-XChange Pro?
3. Is there a portable version of PDF-XChange Editor?
4. Is PDF-XChange Editor free for private and commercial use?

Thanks!

Re: Editor toolbar

Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:19 pm
by TrackerSupp-Daniel
Hello Kumar,

Thank you for the excellent questions.

1. To export UI customizations, click file > Manage settings > Export settings.

2. There is no portable version of PRO as it is a suite consisting of our most sought after softwares. Our printers and PDF-Tools do not work in a portable environment.

3. The Editor and Editor plus can be downloaded as a portable version from the Editor product page.

4. As detailed here: https://www.tracker-software.com/charit ... -discounts in the Free Non-Commercial products section. The PDF-XChange Lite driver is free for home use, meanwhile in the Editor roughly 85% of features require no license, and the remaining 15% are clearly marked and present a warning when used. Note that as in any case when used without a license "click here to buy now" publicity stamps will be placed on document that have been affected by a premium feature.

Kind regards,

Re: Editor toolbar

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:02 am
by kumar
Thanks Daniel. For portable version, how do I set up the file explorer context menus? Which dll files should be registered for it? Thanks!

Re: Editor toolbar

Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:11 am
by TrackerSupp-Daniel
This is not possible in the portable version. The key point in being portable is that is it not installing anything on your PC and thus is able to run even from a usb flash drive.

If you need these functions, you will need to use the installed version, and include our Shell extensions during installation.

Kind regards,