Form field that are not duplicates!

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

tspitzer
User

Form field that are not duplicates!

Post by tspitzer »

I am looking to create a form (which I did), and then insert multiple copies of that form into a larger file (for different days). I am not able to do this without the form fields being duplicated so that changing one changes all of them.

Is there a way to do this?

Basically, I want to either duplicate a page with form fields, or insert a page with form fields but have them be different fields than a similar page, which was completed on a previous day.

Thank you.
lev
User

Re: Form field that are not duplicates!

Post by lev »

Look at properties of each field and make sure Field Name (3rd from the top in the Properties pane) is unique.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Form field that are not duplicates!

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello tspitzer, lev,

If you are looking to duplicate an existing page without perfectly replicating the form fields, you need to first extract the page from the document and save it to an easily accessible location (such as the desktop) then from the Organize tab in the editor choose "Insert pages". In the menu that appears, choose the extracted page, and the location you desire, and set the "Form Fields" option to "Copy with rename"
image.png
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com