Printing from Bluebeam Revu extreme 2018, result is blurry on PDF format

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

SEGB
User

Printing from Bluebeam Revu extreme 2018, result is blurry on PDF format

Post by SEGB »

Hi guys, I've experienced a blunder with printing results from Bluebeam Revu extreme 2018 to PDF X Editor. Last week when I did exactly the same precedure the results were fantastic.
This week, all blurry. What can I do?
yours SEGB.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Printing from Bluebeam Revu extreme 2018, result is blurry on PDF format

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi SEGB,

Thanks for the post - Can you please send an example PDF? Also, please be aware that re-printing a PDF to PDF is rarely a good idea and some loss of quality, or even an extreme loss of quality, is quite common. This isn't something that we normally recommend unless there is no other option; can you advise on why you're doing this? It may help us to understand the issue better.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Will, thanks for anwering. I am using Bluebeam Revu Extreme 2018 to sort out different revisions of schematics, which are drawn originally in Revit and transformed to PDF. The BB software helps me by colour coding each revision and overlays them, that's why it is important that they all have samme reference point of origo. After they've been overlayed, I can see the differences between the revisions by the colour code. When I then mark out the revisions I need for example, if I overlay 12 revisions and mark from rev06 to rev10, I then would like to save just the result between those revisions, but what happens is that I end up with all 12 revisions. So I found out last week that when I click to print, but instead save as PDF Xchange Editor, I received exactly I wanted. This week the results are blurry and I just do not know why?
How do I send a sample ?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Our forums allow for attaching PDF documents directly, simply drag and drop the PDF file into the text box as you are writing a reply.
On that note, will is correct that there are some potential problems with printing PDF to PDF, loss of document fidelity, as well as eventual irreparable corruption are on that list, So if at all possible I would like to try and find a better solution for you.

Have you considered trying to use our "Layers" functionality instead. This would allow you to show and hide layers at will for quickly comparing certain revisions, and even allowing you to print only the desired revisions later on, all without needing to reprint the PDF to PDF.
At the moment the only way to do this is to move the content directly to the other document, so it may not be ideal for your use right now, but I have just started speaking with our Developers about the possibility of making our "watermarks" and "backgrounds" functions work with layers in a future build. Hopefully we can make that a viable option for you later on.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
SEGB
User

Post by SEGB »

Hi Daniel, wow that sounds very admirable, layers function it exactly what I need in PDF Xchange Editor. Please describe how I can attain this function. By the I will send an attachment of the result from the Bluebeam process.
Looking forward to your answer.
Regards
SEGB.
Attachments
Overlay_simple save as.3 Køye print service..pdf
(1.75 MiB) Downloaded 63 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello SEGB

This portion of our manual details the current usage of layers:
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... ne_ed.html

Beyond that, I was not able to make your current document into a layered document. Shape objects cannot currently be placed in layers, however I am speaking with the Dev team currently to see if it can be done.
As per my other suggestion, it is not available yet, but in the future it should be possible to specify a layer when inputting a "background" or "watermark" image.

Finally, As the issue with the document becoming blurry is happening with the Bluebeam printer, there is nothing that we can offer there. you will likely wish to contact them and ask why they make such a blurry document.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com