Properties pane

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Properties pane

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello SFBAguy,

The update will contain some "hopeful" tweaks that may possibly have an effect on the issue, but as before, without being able to reproduce it, we cannot guarantee it is resolved. We are effectively working with our hands tied behind our backs right now.

Our Software's uninstallation process will leave the appdata folder and our registry keys intact, so if you wish to perform a thorough uninstallation that removes every aspect of the software, you would need to run the uninstall process, then check and delete the following items:
1. Registry keys:

Code: Select all

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Tracker Software
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Tracker Software
2. Appdata folders:

%apopdata%\Tracker Software
3. install folders:

C:\Program Files\Tracker Software
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Tracker Software
Once that is complete, restart the PC to ensure that any leftover temp files of ours are flushed out, and you should be ready to perform a new installation. Depending on your system settings, there may be some files located in other areas, such as if you have a custom path for your appdata folder.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
SFBAguy
User

Post by SFBAguy »

Thanks, Daniel. I followed your procedure and reinstalled. No joy. For this and other reasons, pretty soon I'm going to reinstall Windows and all my apps. I hope at least that will fix it.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello SFBAguy,

If a full removal of all our software including the registries still does not help - then indeed there might be something else not quite right with your OS. Please do let us know if after a repair/reinstall of that things are better for you!

Regards,
Stefan
SFBAguy
User

Post by SFBAguy »

After reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling everything, the issue seems to be resolved. So it may have been a funky PDF-XChange Editor install/update that caused it.
Radi - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Radi - Tracker Supp »

Hello SFBAguy,

I am happy to hear that the issue is finally resolved after the complete re-install of your OS.

Regards,
Radi