How to add checkmark / tickmark?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Adam123
User

How to add checkmark / tickmark?

Post by Adam123 »

Hello,

This is my first ever post. I'm running the program on Windows 10.

Is there a feature to add a checkmark to documents? For example if there are empty boxes, often I'd like to add an x or a checkmark, but the best I can do is type x, which is often stylized and doesn't look great.

Thanks!

Adam
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to add checkmark / tickmark?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Adam123,

There are a few ways to do this, you could place a checkbox form field over the box you wish to check, you could use the pencil tool to manually check it, or you can import our free stamp collection that includes checkboxes: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/stamp_collections

Simply download the desired stamp collection, open the zip folder, and follow the intructions in the readme file to install the stamps. (note that you will need to restart the Editor for the stamps to be usable)

I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
JZPSVA
User

Post by JZPSVA »

Hello!

After a search, this seemed the most appropriate thread to reply to. Also trying to do the same thing. Trying to create a stamp with user-enterable fields on a W10 machine.
  • Have a valid PRO license.
  • Have created the artwork of the stamp in Illustrator.
  • Have implemented all the forms over the artwork to make the future stamp (4 tick boxes, 1 date drop down, 5 text boxes with specified font and colors.)
  • Have followed the directions at this kb link as it seemed most applicable.
But when i drop the PDF file BACK into the /3.0/Stamps folder and I place the new stamp with form fields onto a blank page, it's just a naked stamp. No form fields. I have tried with with the stamp being the only PDF in the stamp collection, and with a series of 8 other graphical stamps with no text fields. Neither works.

Any help?

Thanks!!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, JZPSVA

Stamps are a static object once placed, all dynamic elements, as detailed in that article, must be calculated before placement as they will be flattened during the stamping process. As such you will not in any situation be able to create a stamp which includes form fields that can be filled after placement.

The best way to accomplish this is to place a stamp, then flatten said stamp into base content (right click > flatten selected commetns), and place the desired form fields overtop of it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com