Header and Footer

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kumar
User

Header and Footer

Post by kumar »

I used header and footer from menu to define header and footer for a document. I want this header and footer to be used as default on all documents and the only to make it happen is to go to header and footer for every document and click OK button. Is there a way to have all documents automatically pick up and include header and footer settings (whether blank or not) without having to go to header and footer settings page for each document and click OK button? If not, please include this behavior in the editor. I haven't tested this behavior for watermarks and background, but I think they should also have the same behavior.

Also, I had a watermark applied to a document previously and now when I go to watermarks settings page and delete the watermark text, the OK button is still disabled. It's not letting me delete the watermark. I understand reason why it is like that. I think this behavior is OK if watermarks are not automatically applied and user has to apply manually for every single document, but this behavior needs to be changed where user can delete the watermark text for what I'm proposing above where for people working with large numbers of documents with same watermark, background or header/footer information, it is a pain to apply these customizations in every single document manually as opposed to being applied automatically once they are defined in the respective settings page.
kumar
User

Re: Header and Footer

Post by kumar »

I understand there needs to be a trigger to apply these settings to a document which is why you have to go to these settings page in each document and click OK and I understand that, but at the same time it is a pain in the rear when you are dealing with many documents which need to have same settings applied. Perhaps, a one click button for each of these settings to apply to all open documents or all documents in a folder would certainly alleviate the problem.

PS I realized afterwards, I should have edited my previous post instead of posting a reply to my post. I looked but there is no option to delete a post.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Header and Footer

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Kumar,

If you are looking to process multiple files with the same action, our PDF-Tools suite should be used instead, This allows you to manage headers/footers, watermarks, backgrounds, comments, and countless other actions, in a batch for all documents you select. This KB article details how to create a custom tool in PDF-Tools: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -PDF-Tools

I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com