Please add fill color and stroke color as customizable toolbar commands

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

JosephGatti
User

Please add fill color and stroke color as customizable toolbar commands

Post by JosephGatti »

I would like the option to add "fill color" and "stroke color" to my toolbars. Can you please add fill color and stroke color as commands in the customizable toolbar menu. I'm often formatting for color; however, I need to keep opening the properties pane and/or properties toolbar to do so--and I'd rather not lose the screen real estate.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Please add fill color and stroke color as customizable toolbar commands

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello JosephGatti,

I will pass your request to our devs for consideration, but please note that this is a dynamic feature as not all tools and menus need it, so as such it might not be possible to make it customizable on it's own. Have you noticed that you should have access to those colours from the "Format" tab in the ribbon layout as well? That way you might be able to skip opening the separate properties pane.

Regards,
Stefan
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello JosephGatti,

I wanted to bring up a possible workaround for you as well. This may be a "bug" but it does work currently.

If you select a tool that has these options, such as the pencil tool, and navigate to the format tab, the options are available directly, if you open the "Customize UI" menu from this screen, you will be able to take the fill color and stroke color (as well as all the others) off of this tab and move them to another, see my screenshot below, where I have added them to the Home tab:
image.png
note that doing this has the adverse effect of removing these tools from the format tab:
image.png
To restore the tools to the format tab, simply right click on the bar, and choose "reset toolbar":
image.png
image.png (35.57 KiB) Viewed 696 times
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi All,

Just to mention that we've created a FR ticket in our system:
#4630: FR: Make FillColor/StrokeColor commands available for customization.
So that we can implement such an option in the future!

Cheers,
Stefan