Menu Size and Print Dialogue Box Size

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

cgy-jim
User

Menu Size and Print Dialogue Box Size

Post by cgy-jim »

I recently added a new monitor and have pdf-x running on this new monitor. When I press the print button (which is huge) the print dialogue box is huge and is actually bigger than the screen. How can I fix this? I've tried customizing the UI but nothing changes.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Menu Size and Print Dialogue Box Size

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello cgy-jim,

There are a few things to look at here,
First, what is the resolution of the new screen, and what are your windows scaling options set to for each screen? If your windows scaling options are set too high or your monitor is too small, you may simply be unable to run PDF-Xchange on that display. The editor and most of its sub windows require at least a 1024x768 monitor to be used without additional scrollbars appearing.

Second, what version of the Editor are you running? The latest release is build 328.1, so I would suggest updating if that is not the version on your PC. Newer versions have updated UI scaling techniques which can be modified from the preferences, under general.

If your monitor is larger than the minimum resolution, and you find that updating to the latest build does not help, please send screenshots of how the Editor and the print dialog appear on your screen.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com