4K hidpi monitor: Editor not using correct dpi

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

David.P
User

4K hidpi monitor: Editor not using correct dpi

Post by David.P »

Hi forum and support team,

I have a 4K-Monitor hooked to a Laptop with Windows 10 v.1803.

PDF-XChange Editor however does not scale correctly. While the UI and content do have the correct size, the resolution is wrong such that everything is pixelated -- because PDF-XChange Editor only renders everything in FullHD instead in 4K.

This is using Prefs -> General -> UI Scale -> System Scale. If any of the two alternative options are used ("System DPI" or "Normal DPI"), everything is rendered in 4K, however the UI is almost invisibly tiny.

Pls. advise.

Regards
David
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: 4K hidpi monitor: Editor not using correct dpi

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Does this (still) happen with the most recent release - PDF-XChange Editor V7 build 328.1 ?

See: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=30249

Tracker Software Development has been working on related problems over the past year.
David.P
User

Post by David.P »

Yep, it's the latest version. However I found a possible reason.

There is a second monitor hooked to the laptop, this monitor having only FullHD. While this monitor was switched off, it was however set as primary monitor in Windows.

This somehow seemed to make the Editor to believe it was running on FullHD, even when the only active monitor was 4K.

After setting the 4K monitor as primary monitor in Windows, the problem went away.
David.P
PDF-XChange Pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Thank you for the report David,

Can I ask for both of your monitors make/model? Beyond that, I am glad that you have found a workaround in the meantime.

Regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com