Text Field Doubling

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

kjensen
User

Text Field Doubling

Post by kjensen »

I have a user with this issue, sometimes when she places a new text field in a PDF document that was converted from word, the text field duplicates itself. She then has to go and delete all the duplicate text fields.

She is currently on Version 7.0 Build 326.1
I don't want to update her PDF-XChange because the newest available version has an issue where users cannot edit and then check documents back into SharePoint (which we work a lot with and has caused much headache for those users who have already updated).

Any ideas on how this can easily be fixed. I have tried repairing the software multiple times with other issues, but something different always seems to pop up.
Attachments
2.png
1.png
pdf xchange editor pro, build 7
windows 10
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Text Field Doubling

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

Maybe it helps to execute a "Reset Form" via the Form-menu or the Form-ribbon.

If not, can you please post a copy of the PDF-file ?

Regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Text Field Doubling

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello kjensen and Willy,

It almost appears as if there is base content text that was placed on the document before the form field was created. But in order to know for certain I would have to look at the document itself. If the document contains sensitive information and you cannot post to the forums here as willy suggested, please send us an email to support@pdf-xchange.com.com

Thank you!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com