Help with colors.  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

LAPIII
User

Help with colors.

Post by LAPIII »

I read all my e-books with the black background and white text. There is an e-book that won't display with a black background and white text. Can you tell me how I can fix it?
Attachments
Sample page.pdf
(10.71 KiB) Downloaded 34 times
Page Display.PNG
Accessibility.PNG
Last edited by LAPIII on Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Help with colors.

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

The reason why it does not work, is because it goes about a document with scanned text.
What you see is the picture or image of the page, not the text as individual characters.

I must say, in your Sample page.pdf, besides the image of the page, there is also a text-layer but currently it is 'invisible'.
This is a result of OCR (Optical Character Recognition) that has been applied.
In this way, a text-layer with 'transparent' text, is add on top of the scanned image, and so the text in the PDF becomes 'searchable'.

With a few 'tricks' you can make the text-layer 'visible' and remove the original image:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -performed

Via this manner, I have transformed your Sample page.pdf into Sample page - text.pdf with pure text instead of image.
When you apply white text and black background to this pdf, you will see that it works.
Via Edit > Preferences > Accessibility > mark the check-box at "Override Document Colors" and select "White on Black" + Apply + OK.
Attachments
Sample page - Text.pdf
(8.52 KiB) Downloaded 62 times
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello Willy,

Thank for the detailed explanation.

This is absolutely correct. :- )

Regards.
LAPIII
User

Post by LAPIII »

I have a similar PDF that is all images.
Attachments
BOOK 1.pdf
(1.92 MiB) Downloaded 41 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello LAPII,

As Willy mentioned before, You only need to follow a short process to take any scanned document and generate editable text from it.
Willy Van Nuffel wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 10:31 am With a few 'tricks' you can make the text-layer 'visible' and remove the original image:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -performed
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
LAPIII
User

Post by LAPIII »

The problem is said there's no text file to delete. I want to do this in PDF Xchange Editor, but my only method is to right-click each image and select Edit Image which opens it in MS paint and I can invert colors there.
Attachments
Pages  5-10.PNG
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Help with colors.  SOLVED

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello LAPII,

If you are wanting to Edit the Images themselves, that is a valid option, but the Editor does not offer any image editing functionality, this is why Paint is opening. If that is a valid option for you, then I am glad to hear you have found a viable solution.

If you wanted to do this explicitly with the Editor, then as before, the only way to do this is to run OCR, and then follow the steps detailed in the KB that Willy provided a link to. You should not need to delete the Text, but instead the images. If you can provide more detailed information about what exactly is going wrong on your end, and how to reproduce it with a document, we can certainly look further into it.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com