How to search/edit hyperlinks (Web-Links)?

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Sean - Tracker, Paul - Tracker Supp, Chris - Tracker Supp, Tracker Supp-Stefan, Ivan - Tracker Software

Puffolino
User

How to search/edit hyperlinks (Web-Links)?

Post by Puffolino » Mon Dec 17, 2018 4:06 pm

The following document (http://www.pitt.edu/~dtipper/2110/Netwo ... _Tools.pdf) contains hyperlinks which are not correct (see page 7) because some additional characters have been added, e.g. '):'.
I wanted to find the hyperlinks using the editor, but searching did not find anything, also advanced search. So I removed all Weblinks and auto-generated the links (Tools/Links Tools/Create Web-Links from URLs) which also produces links to 'http://something.com):'. Maybe some filter could improve the results here.

TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: How to search/edit hyperlinks (Web-Links)?

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel » Mon Dec 17, 2018 7:21 pm

Hello Puffolino,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
I see that Edge is able to read the links correctly from the start, meanwhile adobe has much the same difficulties as we do. I am as of yet unsure why this is the case, but I have created a bug report for our Development team to begin addressing this. I cannot provide a timeline, or any guarantees for this fix, But I can promise we will do our utmost to try and improve this handling.

I should note that there are some cases where these links will be impossible to handle correctly, namely the link that begin at the bottom of the left column, and continues to the top of the right colum. The PDF spec simply does not allow for that kind of association between text fields, and thus if you will be using links in this manner, it is always advised to keep the full link within a single text box.

Kind regards,
Daniel McIntyre
Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

Sales: +1 (250) 324-1621
Fax: +1 (250) 324-1623