RT#4549: sessions not working correctly

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

useroftracker
User

RT#4549: sessions not working correctly

Post by useroftracker »

RT#4549 is about sessions not working correctly, raised directly with support at the end of October:

1) with multiple open sessions (Manage Sessions) saving one session adds documents from other open sessions
2) a fresh start of PDFX does not open the previous session correctly, but has copies of the first document to the count of documents in the originaly last-saved-closed session.

In this release (v7.328.0) there is no change. Do you have an update on the progress of addressing this bug that can be shared on this forum?

Regards,

Stuart Scott
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: RT#4549: sessions not working correctly

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello useroftracker,

Unfortunately, there is still no news about this issue.

Our developers are still working to fix this problem.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we are doing our best to solve the problem in the shortest possible time.

Regards.
useroftracker
User

Post by useroftracker »

Thanks Dimitar.
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

Hello useroftracker,

You are welcome.

I hope that the problem will be resolved soon

Regards.
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi useroftracker.

The resolution for RT4549:

Problem is fixed in 328 build. BUT in case when you used this option for opening some sessions and overwrote them by re-saving - please re-create them again to fix incorrectly stored data. Sorry for this inconvenience.

Cheers,
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
useroftracker
User

Post by useroftracker »

Vasyl,

Thanks for responding.

Your suggestion for problem 1) "re-create them again to fix incorrectly stored data" is not always practical for me. The reason is in my use-mode I now have a collection of about 40 'Managed Sessions' with up to a dozen pdf files in a session and I may have 2 or 3 sessions open when I provoke the problem.

The provision of a means to Export/Import specific 'Managed Sessions' would be useful to make your solution practical for me, until a permanent fix can be developed.

OOPS! Just noticed I can save sessions! So I'll get on with that now!

Regards,

Stuart Scott
Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team
Site Admin

Post by Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team »

Hi Stuart Scott.
"re-create them again to fix incorrectly stored data" is not always practical for me.
Understood. I was slightly incorrect. Let me explain more. There shouldn't be a big deal for you because technically the problem occurred only for sessions that were opened and then just replaced by second using of 'Save Session' feature. In the moment when you saved the session second time - it saved broken data. And next time, when you opened such 'updated' session, you were able to see the problem described by you. Also you may see that 'Restore Last Session when application starts' option worked incorrectly too. Because it is the same case - session was opened by you and application autosaved it incorrectly on exit (note: your original session is untouched in that case for sure, it saves the last-session-data to the different place). Currently, if you still have the trouble with the 'Restore Last Session..' feature - you need just open the necessary session once again and then exit the app. On exit it will override the incorrect last-session-data that was previously stored by build older than 328. On the next start you will see that problem is solved. And note again: all mentioned problems were caused only by using the 'Just open documents from the session ...' option. Without that - all should be OK.

HTH.
Vasyl Yaremyn
Tracker Software Products
Project Developer

Please archive any files posted to a ZIP, 7z or RAR file or they will be removed and not posted.
useroftracker
User

Post by useroftracker »

Ah, yes it was fixed.

When I saw that v328 was released I checked the version history on the website but didn't see a reference to T#4549 so assumed it wouldn't work. Then when I first tried v328 it didn't work, reinforcing my expectation, hence I raised my query here. But on first use v328 was reading v327 data as you explain.

I see now there is mention of T#4549 in the website release notes with a succinct explanation.

Thanks for sorting it out.

Regards

Stuart Scott
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Stuart!

We did update the version history about 1/2 an hour after the release of the build itself, but maybe your browser had a cached version of that page, or for some other reason didn't update it immediately!

Glad to hear that the problem itself is sorted though! That's the most important bit!

Season's Greetings!
Stefan