Feature Suggestion: Edit font settings of multiple selected text box / callout boxes

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

chrkuhlmann
User

Feature Suggestion: Edit font settings of multiple selected text box / callout boxes

Post by chrkuhlmann »

Hi,

I'm not sure whether I'm missing something, but I'd like to change the font settings (font-family, size, style, color etc) of several text boxes or callout boxes at the same time and haven't found a way to do this.

I can multi-select several boxes using Ctrl and I can change their border and fill settings in the Text Box Properties. However, I'd also like be able to change text settings. I know I can assign a comment style, but I think it would be beneficial to have these settings available directly for cases where the settings will only be used once.

Since the styles of these boxes may not be homogeneous (even inside the same box), I'd like to suggest to add the Text Format properties to the Properties panel and fill the values with "* mixed" or a similar indicator if the setting has several values. Only if a new value is assigned to this setting, the attribute of the complete text of all selected boxes is changed to the new value. Otherwise, properties with multiple values will be left unchanged and text will retain the current settings even if other properties are changed. This is similar to the behavior that is already implemented for properties such as stroke color.

Thanks for considering this idea and thanks for a great product that is getting lots of useful additions with every new version.
lev
User

Re: Feature Suggestion: Edit font settings of multiple selected text box / callout boxes

Post by lev »

I second this idea. One way to achieve this is to expand the Properties pane to include entities an item consists of. For example if a cursor is placed "inside" text allowing it to be edited, Properties pane shows font color, font name, size, etc. Can those be shown without having to place the cursor inside and changed without having to highlight the text?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Feature Suggestion: Edit font settings of multiple selected text box / callout boxes

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello chrkuhlmann and lev,

I have taken this suggestion and brought it up a step, to encompass all comment types, not just text box and callout boxes. As annotations like lines, measurements, rectanges, etc, can all have text associated to them as well. For reference the ticket number is:
RT#4577: FR: Edit text format of multiple comments

As per usual I cannot make an guarantees beyond promising it will be seriously considered.

Have an excellent day!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com