[Feature Request] Vertical/Horizontal Alignment

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

daniel_lutz
User

[Feature Request] Vertical/Horizontal Alignment

Post by daniel_lutz »

Hello, support,
it would be helpful if the possibility existed that if an element or a block (when the Option "Edit Text as Block" is enabled) is selected in the context menu under "Arrange" it would be possible to align the element vertically or horizontally to the side.

Best regards
Daniel

26-11-_2018_18-25-11.png
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Vertical/Horizontal Alignment

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Daniel,

I am afraid that I do not understand the request, It sounds as though you are looking to rotate the content 90 degrees to one side, which certainly is possible, as you have highlighted in your screenshot. If you are looking to alight a specific edge of multiple elements, you need to select more than one object, and you will see the option to "Align X Edges":
DMKB18November810.png
I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
daniel_lutz
User

Post by daniel_lutz »

Perhaps my wish has not become quite clear. If I have selected several objects, you can use Arrange > Align [Left|Horizontal|...] Edges to align the objects with each other as an example to the left corner. What I mean is that you can align objects vertically as well as horizontally to the page, i.e. to the edge of the page.

Regards
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Daniel,

You can allign all of your selected objects (e.g. their left sides), and then while the same are still selected - transform the selection so that it's left edge is at 0 position on the X axis - effectively moving them all to the left side of the page.

Regards,
Stefan
daniel_lutz
User

Post by daniel_lutz »

I am aware of this, but if I want all of them centered on the side, I have to select all of them, then center them using the Alignment command and then manually center the selection to the side. There would be a new command that does that. Just when the page has odd dimensions like 595 px it is not so easy to align the selected group (where the center point is displayed) exactly to 297.5 px.

Best regards
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
sjm8-tf@aptile.co.uk
User

Post by sjm8-tf@aptile.co.uk »

I would also like this feature.

I have a PDF of 82 scanned pages, one image per page. The PDF page size is larger than each image. Each image is aligned to the center of the page, but I would like them to be aligned top left.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi all,

Daniel - can you please show us a sample of one such page where alighnment is not doing the job for you (ideally with some screenshots of the steps you take)?

And sjm8-tf - you can try to e.g. crop the original pages to the white margins (this will remove the areas outside the scanned images, and then rescale the pages back to the desired page size, and select to scale content along at the same time.

Regards,
Stefan
sjm8-tf@aptile.co.uk
User

Post by sjm8-tf@aptile.co.uk »

Hi Stefan, thank you - rescaling is not quite what I wanted, but I can do what I need using the Page Crop/Page Resize features.

It seemed more obvious to me that I would be able to select all images in the content pane, and then find an option somewhere to align selected items to one or more page edges (eg, top right, or top left). When I created the document I missed the options to select what alignment I wanted - the UI is revealed if I click "Options" I think.

Like Daniel, one place I assumed that I would find this option was in the Alignment context menu, but I it isn't there. I also looked in the Organize ribbon.

What I need to do is to Crop Pages to my image sizes, and then Page Resize and choose appropriate placement options (almost as you already suggested :) )
Attachments
PlacementOptions.PNG
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Thank you for the clarifications, and I am glad to hear you have found a workaround SJM.
Regarding the status of the feature request, we will consider it, but I cannot make an guarantees about implementation at this time.

Best Regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
daniel_lutz
User

Post by daniel_lutz »

So here you will find a little screencast to show what i mean:

Screencast
Best regards
Daniel

PDF XChange pro
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello,

Thank you again Daniel,
I have created the feature request and attached a link to your video to showcase the desired behavior. As per usual I cannot guarantee anything, but I can promise it will be seriously considered.

Best Regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com