Error saving pdf back to sharepoint

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

ecousin
User

Error saving pdf back to sharepoint

Post by ecousin »

A user is getting an error message when he tries to edit a document he opened from SharePoint. He is able to successfully open and check-out the document but when he tries to save it errors out. It appears to be saving, meaning it shows progress on the progress bar, but about the time it looks like it will complete the error pops up and the following is written in the logs.

2018-11-16 22:15:36.870|1404|4|CacheCallback::EndWrite-->
2018-11-16 22:15:36.871|1404|4|Http::Request::Send<-- Expression 'HttpEndRequestW(m_impl->handle, nullptr, 0, 0)' caused throwing 'System error code 12032: The action must be retried'
2018-11-16 22:15:36.876|1404|4|File::Flush<-- Expression: 'E_FAIL' caused returning 'HRESULT 0x80004005: Unspecified error'
Attachments
PDF-XChange.zip
(694.12 KiB) Downloaded 57 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Error saving pdf back to sharepoint

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello ecousin,
Thank you for the report and logs, Can I ask you to verify that this user is indeed running the latest version of the software (v7 build 327.1)?
If not, please have them update and let us know if the situation improves.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
ecousin
User

Post by ecousin »

They are on the latest, v7 build 327.1
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello ecousin,

We've encountered this problem already, and our devs have actually found a solution, though they are not certain it is the ideal one. They are not certain as unfortunately we have been unable to reproduce the problem at our end. As such we would need to test this in an environment where the problem happens. Would this be something we can arrange with you?
If yes - please e-mail us at support@pdf-xchange.com so that we can sort out the rest of the details.

As for the solution we've already found - it should be available in the next build of our products planned for release next month.

Regards,
Stefan
MartinCoupal
User

Post by MartinCoupal »

What was the outcome of this issue?

I know that one thing that could cause an issue like this is having a mandatory property that is empty in SharePoint. As PDF xChange do not expose SharePoint Document properties, we can't fill out the mandatory property and when PDF xChange tries to save there will be an error.

I know that managing SharePoint Content Type / attributes is not a priority for Tracker but it is hard to understand as most business are moving into O365 and not having the ability to manage document properties directly in PDF xChange will become an issue... This is my guess...
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hi Martin,

My above post in this topic is 1 year old, and in the mean time we've made changes to the SharePoint plug-in, and as far as I am aware there haven't been any significant issues lately.
I do not have the technical details of what the error or the fix was last year, but if you have problems yourself at the moment with the SharePoint plug-in - it might be good idea to start a separate topic so that we can get your current issue investigated and fixed.

Regards,
Stefan