[Feature Request] Tab Groups Control

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

netsonicyxf
User

[Feature Request] Tab Groups Control

Post by netsonicyxf »

I use editor as default PDF viewer and I enable "restore last session when application starts" feature.
I have several tabs (I call them tab group "A") that I view them often but not always.
The problem is
  1. I open a PDF "X" not belongs to "A", "A" will also be opened, when I close editor, the “X” will belong to "A", which I don't want it to be.
My suggestion is as follows:
1. Save the current opened tabs, either all of them or user selected tabs as a "tab group". Several different tab groups can be defined.
2. In preference->Documents->Manage History and recents, user can select which tab group(s) can be restored when application starts.
3. There should be a tab group button or menu to allow user select which tab group to open or close, so user can open or close all the tabs in one group at one-click.
4. By default, the opened PDF "X" which does't belong to any tab group will not be automatically add to any group, unless user drag it to that group.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: [Feature Request] Tab Groups Control

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello netsonicyxf,

Have you tried the "Sessions" feature under the Main Menu -> File -> Open?

Regards,
Stefan