display PDFs in Internet Explorer

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

thenelson
User

display PDFs in Internet Explorer

Post by thenelson »

I followed the instructions in 388-How-do-I-use-the-PDF-XChange-plugin-to-display-PDFs-in-web-browsers but PDF-XChange V6 IE Plugin was not listed in the IE plugins. If I click on "Find more toolbars and extensions", I get 404 - File or directory not found. How do I install the PDF-XChange V6 IE Plugin into IE?

Thanks
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: display PDFs in Internet Explorer

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello thenelson,

If the plugin does not appear, first try opening the Editor, and in the preferences (Ctrl+K), under File associations, change the option for "View PDF Files in Internet Explorer" to yes, then click Apply, and restart both the Editor and Internet explorer.
DMKB18November707.png
If that does not work, it is possible that the IE plugin was not installed, likely due to a custom installation, Please uninstall the software, and then reinstall ensureing you choose the "Complete Installation" option.

I hope this helps!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
thenelson
User

Post by thenelson »

I uninstalled and reinstalled with the "Complete Installation" option but PDF-XChange V6 IE Plugin was not listed in the IE plugins in Internet Explorer. I also uninstalled and reinstalled IE.
thenelson
User

Post by thenelson »

BTW: This was working for years and then stopped when for some reason, Foxit Reader PDF Printer disappeared and I had to reinstall it.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello thenelson,

Can you please tell us what version of IE and what version of windows you are running?
Also I should note that ass you are using an older version of the software, on the chance this is a bug, we will not be able to resovle it without an update. In this case, please try updating the software to V7 Build 327.1, and let us know if the situation improves.

Regards,

Support@pdf-xchange.com
thenelson
User

Post by thenelson »

I tried installing V7 Build 327.1 and it screwed up everything plus I still could not run the software in IE. I am using Windows 7, IE version 11.
thenelson
User

Post by thenelson »

I finally fixed the problem. I unchecked "Display PDF in browser", clicked on Apply; then checked "Display PDF in browser" and clicked on Apply.
thenelson
User

Post by thenelson »

I was wrong, I did not fix the problem. It is Foxit PDF viewer that is displaying in IE; not PDF-Xchange.
Is there a way to download the plugin for IE?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello thenelson,
The only way to download the plugin is with the Editor itself. Could I ask you for a screenshot of your manage add-ons window within IE so that we can see what you are seeing?

Also, back in my first post, can I ask you to try that once more now that you have check display pdf in browser. Please ensure that IE ic completely closed, then first set it to no, click apply, and then set it to yes, and apply.

Support@pdf-xchange.com
thenelson
User

Post by thenelson »

Here are the screen shots of the IE add on screen:
I unchecked display pdf in browser and then checked it again.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Hello again thenelson,

Apologies, I think I was confused along the way and need to clarify again. Are you looking to enable the conversion plugin (which is a part of our Standard Printer):
DMKB18November738.png
Or are you trying to run the Editor within the IE window (which is a part of the PDF-XChange Editor):
DMKB18November739.png
If you need the conversion plugin, you will need to run an installer and have a license which includes the Standard Printer, such as the PRO installer.
If you needed to run the Editor within IE, please verify that you do not see the same window I have shown when you click on this link: https://mysite.science.uottawa.ca/rsmith43/Zombies.pdf

Support@pdf-xchange.com