Add-in for Office - Setting for "Prompt for PDF filename" is not working

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

PDFer
User

Add-in for Office - Setting for "Prompt for PDF filename" is not working

Post by PDFer »

I am using the latest version of the add-in for MS Office (and am using it in Word).

In the Advanced tab for its Edit Settings, there is check-box for "Prompt for PDF filename". However, when I create a PDF the add-in disregards this setting and creates the PDF using filename of Word document. So that option is broken. (I have tried turning the option on and off, and restarting Word, but to no avail.) Can you please ask your developers to fix it?

(The only exception to this is if a PDF file with that name already exists. If so, I get a dialogue box with 5 choices, of which the first is Overwrite and the last is "Select another filename",)
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Add-in for Office - Setting for "Prompt for PDF filename" is not working

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello PDFer,

By "not working" does it automatically and silently create the file, or does it already have the Word document name auto populated for you in the dialogue where it asks you to select a location where you want to save the file?

Regards,
Stefan