How do I do this?  SOLVED

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

LordWessex
User

How do I do this?

Post by LordWessex »

Good evening, I'm the midst of creating a security awareness campaign for a client but struggling on something. I'm trying to edit the .pdf (freely available from the UK .GOV) for this purpose. the .pdf is available at the following url https://www.cpni.gov.uk/system/files/do ... 0PRINT.pdf

The part I am struggling with is how to edit or delete the bottom right hand corner of text that begins with CPNI; I managed it once with SHIFT and clicking but cannot repeat it, if anyone could help a total newbie it'd be hugely appreciated and I shall dive in and help others once I have earnt my spurs; thank you in advance.
Cody - Tracker
Site Admin

Re: How do I do this?  SOLVED

Post by Cody - Tracker »

Hello,

Thank you for the post. You can select and delete these elements of the document in Editor by going to the View tab and selecting Panes and then Content as shown in the screenshot provided. Once the content pane is open, you can expand the page listing to show all of the content. From there, you can find which items correspond with the document by clicking on them, also shown in the screenshot. Once selected, simply push the delete button your keyboard to remove them.

I hope this helps. Please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or concerns.
Attachments
PDFXEdit_2018-10-25_12-19-39.png
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Cheers,

Cody Andrews
Tracker Support North America
lev
User

Re: How do I do this?

Post by lev »

Open Content pane. The graphics you are trying to delete starts near the top immediately below Container <PlacedGraphic> (see attached zip file). Select it and hit Delete key.
Attachments
Snapshot.zip
(221.92 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
LordWessex
User

Post by LordWessex »

[quote="Cody - Tracker"]Hello

Thank you, HUGELY appreciated, I shall try this in the morning
LordWessex
User

Post by LordWessex »

[quote="lev"]Open Content pane. The graphics you are trying to delete starts near the top immediately below

Thank you Let
LordWessex
User

Post by LordWessex »

Fantastic support, thank you VERY much, hugely appreciated. I only purchased PDF-XChange Pro yesterday so was struggling but very happy that I posted my woes, raises coffee to you.
LordWessex
User

Post by LordWessex »

That worked wonders but have now hit another snag, the body of text below the red headline, I can view it in the panes content window but cannot find how to edit the text directly.......hmmm
LordWessex
User

Post by LordWessex »

Scrap the above, I've solved it :D
Dimitar - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Dimitar - Tracker Supp »

:-)