Some noob questions

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Æþelleo
User

Some noob questions

Post by Æþelleo »

Hello all
Can I simply 1. enter text (content) into text boxes and 2. check checkboxes in elements that already exist in PDF files that have not been authored by myself? I do not wish to alter or modify anything other than the content of an existing element/object/container. I purchased PDF-XChange Editor primarily to enter information in government or company forms. I am unable to effect (see) the properties for text in the Content Tools Format bar of the smartbar. I simply want to use a cursor. Is it possible to use this program with the keyboard alone - It makes typing significantly quicker and easier. Can the program auto-tab between elements ie. can I enter data, tab to go to the next element, enter data, tab to go to the next element and so on? I am using version 7.
I have been trying to perform the operations seen at https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... -documents with no success :(
Thanks for any help.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Some noob questions

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello,

All of your questions would depend on the document in question. And assuming of course that there is not document security in place preventing these actions.

If it is a fillable form, then yes, you certainly can enter text into those boxes (just using the hand tool), check checkboxes that were authored by someone other than you, and you should be able to tab through the fields with ease.

If it is base content, then you should be able to use the edit content and Add content tools to fill it in, In some situations the "text" you see might be "shape" objects instead of real text, meaning that it cannot be edited with the edit text tool.

If the document is a scanned document, then you will need to create your own form fields, or directly add text above those, the checkboxes of course will not be interactive in this case.

If you are finding that these options are not working, please post a document here for us to investigate and troubleshoot for you.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com