Issues printing Form in Google Chrome

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

mikerosoft
User

Issues printing Form in Google Chrome

Post by mikerosoft »

Hoping for some help with the attached form I created.

I originally drafted it in Microsoft Word, printed it to PDF and layered the Form Text and Check boxes over top.

The form works in all viewers and prints with most; however, when users print through Google Chrome the data entered into the form fields end up all over the place.

Is there a simple way to fix my existing form? I also tried to draft a new form in Microsoft Word to convert to PDF but whenever I do the Form fields end up hardcoded.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Attachments
New Patient Package.pdf
(660.56 KiB) Downloaded 46 times
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Issues printing Form in Google Chrome

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello mikerosoft,

As far as I can see - there's nothing wrong with the file, and we create the form fields following the PDF specification to the letter.
The problem is that Chrome (and other browsers) decided to not allow third party PDF viewers to work in them any more, so they each had to implement their own, and the one present in Chrome (and all other browsers relying on it's engine) is not perfect and is mostly intended for displaying files, not allowing you to do complex manipulations with them. Also - once you get to the point of printing - chrome prints everything as vectors to ensure that the file/web page will look OK on paper - but this might cause them troubles with PDF files with forms inside. I will ask our devs to check, but most likely the problem is at Chrome's side and not ours.

What else I can offer you to try is to create just the template for the structure of this file in Word, and then drag and drop the .docx over the Editor. Let the Editor do the initial conversion to PDF, and not the Word-to-PDF engine MS has developed, and then add your form fields. If the formatting is the same - you should be able to just copy and paste all the fields from the existing file. Then test your form in Chrome and see if it works better.

Regards,
Stefan