Pages are empty after wake up from sleep

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

becritical
User

Pages are empty after wake up from sleep

Post by becritical »

I am on windows 10 and this issue has been consistent since the last few updates of V7, I never had this issue with V6.

I can't reproduce this 100% but it seems after my laptop comes back from sleep or if I leave pdfx open and don't use it some time, my pdfs appear empty, only some parts of the document are rendered. I am forced to close and reopen pdfx. http://www.pasteupload.com/image/wWvgH

Why is this happening and can it be fixed? This is happening on two different laptops with different hardware and both on Windows 10 latest build, but I had the same problem with the previous build.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Re: Pages are empty after wake up from sleep

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello becritical,

Thanks for your post and report.
This should have been addressed in the latest builds, so can you please open the Editor and go to Help -> About - and check the exact build you have installed currently?
If it's anything other tan 326.1 - then please do update to this latest one and let us know if the issue continues with this one installed.

Regards,
Stefan
becritical
User

Post by becritical »

Thanks Stefan,
I am on 326.1.
And it also happens when I don't use sleep at all. Today it has happened quite frequently. Do you know if this problem is with the 64 or 32 bit version? I am using the 64 bit now.
Tracker Supp-Stefan wrote:Hello becritical,

Thanks for your post and report.
This should have been addressed in the latest builds, so can you please open the Editor and go to Help -> About - and check the exact build you have installed currently?
If it's anything other tan 326.1 - then please do update to this latest one and let us know if the issue continues with this one installed.

Regards,
Stefan
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello becritical,

Can you please check this related topic - and the last post from AndyK in it - and see if his suggestion helps you as well!?
viewtopic.php?f=62&t=31083&p=127803#p127803

Cheers,
Stefan
becritical
User

Post by becritical »

thanks, I am trying the reported solution and will report back if the problem still persists.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Glad to hear that becritical!

Do let us know if we can assist further!

Cheers,
Stefan
becritical
User

Post by becritical »

I am still having this problem after changing the maximum lifespan of cached data.
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Hello again becritical,

Just as per my post in your other topic - can you please try to update to the current latest build 327.0 and let us know if that helps?

Regards,
Stefan
becritical
User

Post by becritical »

Hello,

I am afraid I am still having this problem! I am on version 337.0 and still after sometime I have a document open, or when my screen turns on after being turned off, this is what I get
image.png
image.png
I know the text is there because i can search, but some pages don't render and I am forced to reopen the document. And this is on a different computer, Windows 10 64-bit with 32gb of ram.

Am I the only one with this issue?
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, becritical

Please update to build 339.0, there were some issues in build 337 and 338 which caused this to occur unexpectedly when caching some page content.

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
becritical
User

Post by becritical »

Hi Daniel,

I am still having this issue, both in the 64 and 32 bit, it also happens without putting the computer to sleep. How is this possible? Am I the only one having this problem? I am on 339 but no matter what version this problem has been around for more than a year now.

I will have to move a different software if it can't be solved, it's unfortunate because I really like XChange editor.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hi, becritical

If this is still happening even while running build 339 (which is not currently the latest version available). The most likely issue is that your installation files were damaged. Please ensure that you never install our software from any location other than our official website, as we cannot guarantee that the installation files anywhere else have not been tampered with.
Please completely uninstall our software, then run the latest installer directly from our official download page: https://www.pdf-xchange.com/product/downloads

Kind regards,
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com