Printer Shortcuts

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gregrech
User

Printer Shortcuts

Post by gregrech »

Hello Guys,

I've been looking through the board but i've not found a solution to my problem yet.

I am using PDF-XChange Editor and i use 2 different Printers. Each of the printers is used for a specific Printer format. Right now i always have to switch printers manually, which is pretty confusing somtimes because i have several more printers in the network.
Is there any possibility to create a shortcut, a macro or is there a plugin available that let's me configure different printing options and then use these without switching printers manually again.

Looking forward to your answers.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Re: Printer Shortcuts

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Gregrech,

I hope I understand this correctly, to clarify:
You wish to have the Editor automatically decide which printer to use, based on the page format (ie A2 vs Letter 8.5*11 page size)?

At the moment, I am afraid there is no way of doing this currently, however it is an interesting idea, so I will ask the dev team their opinions on if such a function could be implemented.

If I misunderstood, please explain it to me again.
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
gregrech
User

Post by gregrech »

Hello TrackerSupp-Daniel,

That's absolutely correct.
The reason behind this is that i use different printers depending on the draft. If i have to print in A3 i have to use a different printer than i use for A4 pdfs. It would pe perfect if that could be configurable in any way.

If there is any workaround e.g. Scripts or anythink like that i would be very interested.

Thank's for your support!
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Greg,

Unfortunately, as Daniel said, there is no way to e.g. add separate "Print to Device A/B" buttons to say the toolbars, but maybe you will be able to utilize the command line operations to print to your different devices?
https://help.pdf-xchange.com/pdfxe ... ns_ed.html

Regards,
Stefan