Copy/Paste Text Box

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

gopher_everett
User

Copy/Paste Text Box

Post by gopher_everett »

Hello,

After inserting a Text Box, right-clicking it, and selecting Cut or Copy, how do you Paste the Text Box elsewhere?

In this case, I am referring to Cutting/Copying the entire box, not just the text it contains.

After adding the box to the clipboard and positioning the cursor to a different page/location, right-clicking shows Paste to be a valid option. However, nothing happens when the Paste step is executed.

Is there another step I am omitting or what other options exist for moving a Text Box, or a copy of a Text Box, to another location?

Thanks
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Copy/Paste Text Box

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gopher_everett,

Thanks for the post - I suspect that you need to turn on File --> Preferences --> Commenting --> Paste comments at cursor position. Please give that a try and see if it help.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
gopher_everett
User

Post by gopher_everett »

Thanks a bunch for the reply Will. That did the trick!

By the way, I suspect it's only a couple of typos, but here is a corrected* sequence of steps:

Edit > Preferences > Commenting > Paste comments into mouse position

*Unless there is a newer version out. Mine is: Version: 6.0 (Build 320.1)
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi gopher_everett,

Awesome, glad that did it! And my steps were for Version 7 using the Ribbon UI, but you're correct in that for older releases and for V7 using the Classic layout, it's Edit --> Preferences.... You can also use Ctrl + K to access the Preferences quickly.

Cheers,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com