Full screen view - Title page alone

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Auerhahn
User

Full screen view - Title page alone

Post by Auerhahn »

In the »normal« view I can show 2 pages at once and can set the option to show the title page alone, so that in a book the even pages are at the left side, the uneven on the right. In full screen mode I canʼt find this option. is it there and I donʼt see it, or does is not exist in full screen mode? And if not, why not?
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Re: Full screen view - Title page alone

Post by Willy Van Nuffel »

The best solution for this, is to assign a keyboard shortcut to the "Show Cover Page in Two Pages View" command:
https://www.pdf-xchange.com/knowle ... creen-mode

Something like ALT + S for example.

You can then use this keyboard shortcut while your PDF is shown in Full Screen mode.

Regards.
Auerhahn
User

Post by Auerhahn »

Aha! OK. Itʼs a little bit strange because I must assign another shortcut to »2 page view« befor I can use this one, but it works. It would better if ful screen mode would begin with 2 pages when I have this view set in the »normal view» and would have a shortcut or menu to change to title page mode, but…

Anyway. Thank you for the hint.
Willy Van Nuffel
User

If you like, the "Two Pages" view is available via the auto-hide toolbar that appears in Full Screen Mode when you move the mouse pointer to the lower left corner of the window.

Maybe Tracker Software Development should consider to add an additional button for "Show Cover Page in Two Pages View".
Attachments
Editor - Full Screen Page Layout.png
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello all,
Willy that is an excellent suggestion, and I have one-upped it to request an option to allow users to choose the default view mode for fullscreen mode within the preferences.
#4466: Add "Default view" option to fullscreen options

Have a good day!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
Willy Van Nuffel
User

Not yet implemented in build 327.0, but the proposition in ticket #4466 was not exactly what I meant.

I just wanted to add a way to select "Show Cover Page in Two Pages View" in the mini-toolbar in Full Screen Mode.

Best regards.
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Willy,
Sorry for that, seems I misunderstood. Ive added in a new ticket in for that case, basically to show pages as 1, 2+3, 4+5, etc:
RT#4510: FR: Show Cover Page in Two Pages View

That numbering scheme should give you the cover page functionality you are looking for, but I also referenced these posts so that they can read the entire conversation.

Have a good day!
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
bernhard mayer
User

Post by bernhard mayer »

TrackerSupp-Daniel wrote:Hello all,
Willy that is an excellent suggestion, and I have one-upped it to request an option to allow users to choose the default view mode for fullscreen mode within the preferences.
#4466: Add "Default view" option to fullscreen options

Have a good day!
Hello Daniel,

I would very much like to back that feature request. I hate it, when the view changes, when I enter full screen mode.
An option like that, would allow me to set it to the same setting as in non-fullscreen mode.

Ideally make it so, that one can choose "Same as in non-fullscreen mode".
I enter fullscreen mode not because I give presentations in front of people, but simply because I temporarily want to have as much screen real estate as possible free from menu and icon bars. Entering fullscreen shouldn't mess about with the configured layout options at all.

Regards
Bernhard Mayer
Tracker Supp-Stefan
Site Admin

Post by Tracker Supp-Stefan »

Hello Bernhard,

Many thanks for adding your detailed reasoning why you need this feature!
The feature request has already been made and will be considered as soon as possible!

Regards,
Stefan