Error message when clicking on date field in form

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

confianza
User

Error message when clicking on date field in form

Post by confianza »

I'm creating a form to speed up data entry for prospective clients in our insurance agency. I feel like I've almost got things how I want them, but now when users click on a date field they get an annoying error message saying "Invalid value: must be greater than or equal to 1 and less than or equal to 1000."
error message when selecting date.JPG
I've gone over everything I can think of in to get rid of the error, but I'm stumped. Why is an invalid value entry popping up in a date field that can't have that sort of data validation?
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Error message when clicking on date field in form

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Hi confianza,

Thanks for the post - Can you please send the form that you're seeing this with? If you don't want to make it publicly available, you're welcome to send it to support@pdf-xchange.com with a link back to this topic for reference. Unfortunately we'll need this to be able to assist.

Thanks,
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com
confianza
User

Post by confianza »

Oh sure, there's nothing proprietary in the document. I guess I should have known I'd need to include the actual document for people know what I've done wrong.

I'm also beginning to see how important it will be to learn how to use whatever tools there are to keep track of versions and the like.
Attachments
New Auto Intake Form take 2.pdf
I think this version is functionally identical to the one I pulled the screenshot from.
(78.88 KiB) Downloaded 56 times
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

Post by TrackerSupp-Daniel »

Hello Confianza,
Thank you for the document.
Looking over this, it seems there are two separate (possibly unrelated) issues with the document.
The error you are seeing seems to be caused by the W/ App Fee field:
DMKB18August57.png
DMKB18August57.png (7.41 KiB) Viewed 1353 times
Once this is filled that error disappears. Alternatively, you can also simply make the minimum value for the field 0 instead of 1 (as a blank value is understood as zero).
The other one is a javascript issue. I notice this document was originally created with Skia.PDF m70.
DMKB18August58.png
I am unsure if that could be the exact cause, but I suspect it could contribute. After testing with new documents and some already existing forms of mine I was unable to recreate that javascript error that appears.

Were the forms in this document also created using this software, or did you place them within the PDF-XChange Editor?
Dan McIntyre - Support Technician
Tracker Software Products (Canada) LTD

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Our Web site domain and email address has changed as of 26/10/2023.
https://www.pdf-xchange.com
Support@pdf-xchange.com
confianza
User

Post by confianza »

Hah! This whole time I was looking for the error in the date field because touching that was what triggered the appearance of the error message. What you're saying is that filling out the date fields triggers the document to verify the output of the field showing the total first month's payment! That actually makes sense, now that you point it out. Thank you so much!!

The original document was created in Google Docs and then downloaded as a .pdf file, but I placed all the form fields with PDF-XChange Editor.

Again, thank you so much for your help!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

On the topic of the second issue, the javascript warning, it seems to be caused by the first DoB field, it seems you've attempted to use some custom JS for the validation and calculation and that is throwing an error.
DMKB18August59.png
simply removing the custom JS from this field resolved this error as well, leaving you with a fully functional document!

Support@pdf-xchange.com
confianza
User

Post by confianza »

Oh yeah, I made a copy of the same document so I could experiment with copying and pasting scripts I found online. I must have uploaded that version.

I'm kind of embarrassed because I'm beginning to see just how far away from knowing what I'm doing I am and my sense is I was so far off track in what I was attempting that I hadn't even risen to the level of being wrong as much as nonsensical.

Thanks again, hombre!
TrackerSupp-Daniel
Site Admin

No need to be embarrassed, I'm just happy to help!
Have an excellent day!

Support@pdf-xchange.com