Folder search causes crash

Forum for the PDF-XChange Editor - Free and Licensed Versions

Moderators: TrackerSupp-Daniel, Tracker Support, Paul - Tracker Supp, Vasyl-Tracker Dev Team, Chris - Tracker Supp, Sean - Tracker, Ivan - Tracker Software, Tracker Supp-Stefan

Ted0987
User

Folder search causes crash

Post by Ted0987 »

I'm using 7.0 (Build 326.1) and I keep getting crashes when I do a folder search which has many PDFs. I have a memory monitor in my system tray and I can see the usage start going up till it's full then the editor unceremoniously closes. I'm using a rather old system with 2BG of memory but I've never had this issue till I updated to the latest version of the Editor. Should it use that much memory just for a search? It doesn't do it every time, only occasionally.

Correction: I watched a little closer this time and my memory was only about 3/4 full and the program crashed. :?:
Last edited by Ted0987 on Thu Aug 16, 2018 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ted0987
User

Re: Folder search causes crash

Post by Ted0987 »

I changed the memory usage setting in Performance from Automatic to 75 percent and was able to complete the search. Hopefully this resolves it but if not I'll check back later. Thanks.
Will - Tracker Supp
Site Admin

Re: Folder search causes crash

Post by Will - Tracker Supp »

Thanks for updating Ted :) It does sound like a memory issue and should now be solved, but yes do let us know if it continues.
If posting files to this forum, you must archive the files to a ZIP, RAR or 7z file or they will not be uploaded.
Thank you.

Best regards

Will Travaglini
Tracker Support (Europe)
Tracker Software Products Ltd.
http://www.tracker-software.com